All of us at RVA hope you and your family are safe and well during these COVID-19 times.
We would like to provide some updates:
We are still open and seeing patients in accordance with CDC, American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), and American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS) recommendations. Emergency patients are being scheduled expeditiously as always, and patients who require repeat procedures such as injections and lasers are maintained on schedule. We are constantly staying up to date on the latest information, literature, and guidelines regarding the novel coronavirus.
We want to reassure you that the utmost care and special arrangements have been made to accommodate patients and their safety:
- Appointment times have been spaced out strategically to minimize patient-patient contact and waiting room times
- All patients are called 2 business days prior to confirm appointment times and advised to come in with their own face coverings or masks. If they do not, face coverings are provided for them
- All doctors wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to protect themselves, staff, and patients
- All staff are wearing masks
- Rooms, equipment, door handles, surfaces, pens, etc. are disinfected after each patient
RVA would also like to welcome our newest associate Dr. Ramsudha Narala, MD! She is a tremendous addition to the team and has completed two fellowships: Ocular Oncology and Tumors at Stanford University Byers Eye Institute and Vitreoretinal surgery and diseases at USC Roski Eye Institute. She is now accepting patients and her full bio can be found on our website www.LAretina.com.
Thank you as always for entrusting us with the care of your patients, especially during these extraordinary times. Be well and safe.
Retina-Vitreous Associates Medical Group